It is our commitment to maintain the principles of integrity and trust with respect to the protection of personal information. As part of our commitment, we will protect the privacy of personal information of employees, clients, customers and other individuals whose personal information we collect, use and disclose. We are committed to complying with British Columbia’s Personal Information Protection Act (the “Act”) and all other applicable privacy laws.
- “business contact information” means information that enables an individual to be contacted at work, including his/her name, title, business address, business telephone number, fax number and e-mail address.
- “employee personal information” means personal information about an employee that is collected used or disclosed solely for the purposes reasonably required to establish, manage or terminate an employment relationship, but does not include other personal information about the employee.
- “personal information” means any information that personally identifies an individual, but does not include business contact information or work product information.
- ”work product information” means information prepared or collected by an individual or group of individuals as part of their employment or business responsibilities or activities related to their employment or business.
We are responsible for all personal information under our control, even if it is not in our possession. We have developed policies and procedures to deal with the proper collection, use and disclosure of personal information.
We collect personal information for the following purposes:
- to individualize your experience on our website
- to communicate separately with you
- to facilitate your movements throughout our website
- to be able to selectively send you communications that may be of interest to you, either electronically or otherwise
We require the consent of individuals to collect, use or disclose personal information. Unless required by law or otherwise authorized by the Act, we will not use or disclose personal information already collected for other purposes unless we obtain the consent of the individual to whom it belongs. Generally, we will seek consent to use and disclose personal information at the same time as we collect the information. We will affirmatively ask to join our mailing lists using the forms provided on this website or other means expressly sanctioned by us.
Subject to contractual or legal arrangements, you may withdraw or refuse consent provided that we are given reasonable notice. We will inform you of the consequences of withdrawing your consent, if any.
We strive to only send e-mails to those who want to receive it. If you would not like to receive future e-mails from us, reply to any email with UNSUBSCRIBE as the subject.
We will only collect personal information for the purposes we have identified above and that are reasonable in the circumstances. We will only collect personal information through methods that are lawful, will not collect information indiscriminately and will try to collect personal information directly from the individual concerned unless authorized by that individual to collect it from a third party or otherwise as permitted by the Act.
Depending on how you have configured your browser, when you access our website, a small file - a “cookie” - may be created by our server and stored on your computer. The cookie contains a unique session identification number and is used to:
- keep track of your online order
- ensure that you see the correct products and pricing applicable to the province in which you are located
- personalize your experience by alerting you to features and information that might interest you
A cookie cannot be used to access or otherwise compromise the data on your hard drive. If you arrive at our website with your browser configured to disable cookies, you will not be identified until you register and sign-in. Please be advised that cookies may be required to complete certain functions on this website, such as making purchases or placing orders at our online store.
We collect certain aggregate information, such as tracking the Internet address of the domains from which you visit our site and analyzing this data for trends and statistics, tracking your IP address (the number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you are using the Web