We are a family of 15 businesses working safely together and believing to our core that no task is too daunting. We get excited by, and creatively rise to, every challenge making anything possible. Joining our family means bringing your diverse ideas to the table every day, rolling up your sleeves and getting the job done, working with a trusting team of diverse professionals, and going home safely every day passionate and proud of what you have helped to build.
BelPacific Excavating & Shoring has delivered innovative and cost-effective solutions for a wide range of excavating and shoring applications to customers throughout Western Canada for over 60 years. Their team of experienced professionals and large fleet of equipment can safely and efficiently handle any size project.
We are looking for a new team member to fill the position of Air Track / Hydraulic Driller reporting to the site foreperson. In this position you will be responsible for working with a team of other shoring professionals to operate the hydraulic drilling equipment throughout the Lower Mainland.
You will be accountable for:
- Ensuring equipment has had a pre-check (drill compressors and grout plants)
- Setting up equipment, loading casing into drills carousel and lead casing and down hole hammer and drill
- Moving drill into position with the support of Drill Helper making sure airlines and hydraulic lines are free and clear, and ensuring that the Helper has accurately set the drill into place and aligned the boom of the drill at the correct angle
- Advancing the drill casing down to the desired depths
- Pulling out the inner steel and leave the casing in the ground for anchor or pipe pile is installed
- Installing a ½ inch PVC pipe into casing, grout the anchor up to the top
- Pulling casing out and pressure grout as needed on extraction
- Training workers and maintaining quality control
- Attending all mandatory safety meetings and acting in a safe manner at all times
To qualify for this role, you must have:
- High School diploma or equivalent certification
- 3+ years’ experience as a Hydraulic Driller on projects on a construction site, preferably on a Shoring site
- Experience on Klemm 803, 806, 807, Interock An-150, smaller MPD, Comachio Mc4, Rangers rock drills or similar drills
- Shoring and anchoring knowledge an asset
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to drive within the Province of BC
- Fit to work – ability to see, hear, walk, stand, lift up to 50 lbs
- Willingness and ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions, and in deep, confined spaces
- Good work ethic and a great commitment to safety
- Self-motivated with an ability to work independently and as part of a larger team
- Willingness to learn and develop critical skills
- Basic computer skills and the ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing
BelPacific Excavating & Shoring and NorLand Limited are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices.