NorLand Limited consists of 15 specialized businesses working together as one team towards common goals. We have the unique ability to undertake complex, multi-faceted public and private sector projects within a single contract. Our businesses have been making Anything Possible for over 65 years!
Joining our family means bringing your diverse ideas to the table every day, rolling up your sleeves and getting the job done! You'll work with a trusting team of diverse professionals, and go home safely every day, passionate and proud of what you have helped to build.
BelPacific Excavating & Shoring, part of NorLand Limited, has delivered innovative and cost-effective solutions for a wide range of excavating, shoring, and drilling applications to customers throughout Western Canada for over 60 years. We are looking for a dedicated member to expand our team.
We have an immediate opening for an Excavation Operator to work in our Excavation Division. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with a team of other Excavation and Shoring professionals to accomplish site-level goals of excavation, deep foundations work, and promoting the company's HSE policies throughout each project.
- Operate in a safe and respectful manner at all times on NorLand & client job sites
- Set a high standard for quality of work that helps to elevate the skills of the rest of the Excavation Team
- Operate as a productive member of a high functioning team to drive high quality results
- Work with Field Supervisors and Crew to perform various tasks including (but not limited to) both bulk and/or detailed excavations in accordance with project specifications
- Ensure effective communication at all times with the ground field crew
- Ability to report on excavation progress and any potential issues as they arise to Field Supervisors
- Perform daily pre-inspection machinery safety checks and service
- Ability to work at heights and in deep spaces, if required
- Attend and be an active participant in all mandatory safety meetings
- Experience running 40-ton and 50-ton size Excavators
- Must have a minimum of three years' experience as an excavator operator in bulk, detailed, and deep excavations
- Must have experience ripping and trimming
- Understanding of Safety and the expectations to exceed Safety standards
- Self-motivated with an ability to work independently and as part of a larger team
- Holds a valid driver's license and has the ability to drive within the Province of BC
- Fit to work - ability to see, hear, walk, stand, lift up to 50 lbs
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing
- Good work ethic and willing to learn with the desire to produce quality results
BelPacific Excavating & Shoring and NorLand Limited are committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices.