NorLand Limited is a family of 15 businesses working safely together and believing to our core that no task is too daunting. We get excited by, and creatively rise to, every challenge making Anything Possible. Joining our family means bringing your diverse ideas to the table every day, rolling up your sleeves and getting the job done, working with a trusting team of diverse professionals, and going home safely every day passionate and proud of what you have helped build.
BelPacific Excavating & Shoring, part of NorLand Limited, has delivered innovative and cost-effective solutions for a wide range of excavating, shoring, and drilling applications to customers throughout Western Canada for over 65 years. We are looking for dedicated team members to expand our team as Foremen. Successful candidates will be responsible for supporting various deep excavation and shoring projects throughout the Lower Mainland.
You will be accountable for:
- Overseeing the safety and performance of crews on various and sometimes challenging projects
- Leading from the front lines: directing the work and being with your crew at all times
- Reading and interpreting drawings and specifications to provide clear instructions to the crew
- Maintaining daily records including crew and equipment time, material receiving, productions and summary of activity on site
- Providing training and ensuring the development of the crew
- Planning ahead to ensure materials and resources are in place ahead of the work
- Acting as a working foreman as needed
- Always working in a safe and respectful manner on NorLand and client job sites
- Operating as a productive member of a high functioning team
To qualify for this role, you must be:
- At least 2 years of experience leading crews on shoring and/or excavating projects, with previous experience working on urban sites
- Valid BC Driver’s license required
- Self-motivated, willing to learn and have a good work ethic
- Fit to work – ability to see, hear, walk, stand, lift up to 50lbs
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and writing
BelPacific Excavating & Shoring and NorLand Limited are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices.
Only candidates who are most qualified for the position will be contacted.