NorLand Limited is diverse group of 16 specialized heavy construction businesses that have been serving the construction industry since 1954. Our Brand Promise is to continue making Anything Possible – just as we’ve been doing for over 65 years.
Our businesses, Bel Pacific Excavating and Shoring and Pacific Ground Engineering, part of NorLand Limited, has delivered innovative and cost-effective solutions for a wide range of excavating, shoring and drilling applications to customers throughout Western Canada for over 60 years.
We currently have exciting opportunities for Nozzlemen, Leadhands, and Foremen to join our team! With the head office located in Burnaby, BC, you will work with a team of Labourers and other Shoring Division professionals to provide daily labour support to the team on-site at BelPacific and Pacific Ground Engineering Shoring projects throughout the Lower Mainland.
Key Accountabilities (depending on the position):
- Operate in a safe and respectful manner at all times on NorLand & client job sites
- Provide high quality labour/supervisory support to a team on-site on an as needed basis
- Operate as a productive member of a high functioning team to drive high quality results
- Attend all mandatory safety meetings
- Act/work at all times in a safe manner
- Attend the worksite as directed/contracted
Qualifications (depending on the position):
- Labour type roles: unskilled and skilled: must have worked in an outdoor environment in all types of weather and elements
- For technical roles; 2+ years’ experience in your area of expertise working with Construction & Construction projects
- Self-motivated with an ability to work independently and as part of a larger team
- Safety orientation and willingness to learn and develop critical skills
- Experience with basic power & construction tools
- Holds a valid driver’s license and has the ability to drive within the Province of BC (Foreman, Drillers)
- Fit to work – ability to see, hear, walk, stand, lift up to 50lbs
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and writing
- Ability to work in deep, confined spaces
- Good work ethic and a willingness to learn
Note: These are Union positions with the LiUNA Local 1611 Construction & Specialized Workers' Union: Union wages with extended Healthcare Benefits, access to additional training through the Training Plan, and a Union-sponsored Pension Plan
We are committed to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices