BelPacific and Pacific Ground Engineering jointly have openings for a Shoring Superintendents to join our team. Reporting to the General Managers of both BPES and PGE, you will support various shoring projects undertaken by the company including managing various construction sites, supervising multiple sub-contractors, and promoting the company's HSE policies throughout each project.
- Promote, monitor comply and provide reporting per the project safety program and environmental protection requirements in co-operation with the Health & Safety Manager and NorLand’s HSE System.
- Adhere to the project budget and schedule, with the goal of outperforming.
- Ensure that while production targets are met, our promise to our client to provide a high-quality product is never compromised.
- Interact with personnel at all levels of the project and be able to propose creative project solutions when necessary to get the job done safely, efficiently, and properly.
- Ensures all members of crew are trained and empowered to meet expectations
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage on-site construction teams and activities daily to provide technical direction, provide problem solving through best solutions, monitor equipment condition, application and use, and give support & guidance.
- Report to the General Superintendent and Project Manager regarding daily productions, quality control, development of trainees, equipment condition and schedule tracking.
- Work with the project team to plan and schedule a work sequence to maximize the potential of the project.
- Act as a primary channel to resolving on-site issues and conflict efficiently and respectfully.
- Provides feedback to General Superintendent on crew members development level and overall crew stability.
- Train, coach and mentor all levels of shoring workers. Coach foremen to train and lead their own crews more effectively to build skilled and productive teams.
- Minimum of 7 years in a Superintendent/Foreman role
- Thorough understanding of shoring methods applied under various soil & site conditions
- Thorough understanding of drilling methods
- Ability to understand project scheduling and cost control
- Read and understand project specifications, engineering drawings and site instructions
- Experience meeting and communicating with clients to resolve issues and strengthen business relationships
- Strong work ethic - willing to do what it takes to get the job done
- Good attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies and nonconforming work
- Able to perform basic operations in Microsoft Office
We are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices