NorLand Limited consists of 15 specialized businesses working together as one team towards common goals. We have the unique ability to undertake complex, multi-faceted public and private sector projects within a single contract. Our businesses have been making Anything Possible for over 65 years!
Joining our family means bringing your diverse ideas to the table every day, rolling up your sleeves and getting the job done, working with a trusting team of diverse professionals, and going home safely every day passionate and proud of what you have helped build.
The BelPacific Excavating & Shoring, part of NorLand Limited, has delivered innovative and cost-effective solutions for a wide range of excavating, shoring, and drilling applications to customers throughout Western Canada for over 60 years. We are looking for a dedicated member to fill the position of Yard Coordinator reporting to the Yard Superintendent.
In this position you will be responsible for all materials handling in the BelPacific yard, including loading, offloading and storage of equipment and tools.
Your Duties and Responsibilities:
- Load & unload equipment/tools from trucks
- Load & unload inventory materials from trucks
- Storage, testing, minor maintenance and arranging service of equipment and tools
- Counting inventory during shipping and receiving to verify requisition and shipping manifest accuracy
- Maintaining the yard, containers, tool cribs and lockups in and organized and neat manner
- Delivery of materials to site when required
- All Materials handling
- Living and promoting the NorLand shared values
To qualify for this role, you should have:
- Good communications skills
- Safety knowledge and experience in construction industry
- Current Forklift Operator Competency certification
- Current Level 1 First Aid an asset
- Ability to lift up to 70lbs (35kg) unassisted
- Willing and able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Valid BC Driver’s license
- Shoring, anchoring and drilling knowledge an asset
BelPacific Excavating & Shoring and NorLand Limited are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices.
Only candidates who are most qualified for the position will be contacted.